Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Pen stand

Hello crafty friends!
Today I have made a pen stand for the desk. Its my second project with mixed media and I love how it turned out.
Let's go through the process.
Firstly I painted the stand with a coat of white gesso. Let it dry.
Then I used the script stencil from icraft and made the script texture with immix texture paste.
 Then immidjately I sprinkled the red velvet flock powder from dadarkar arts on the wet texture paste. Let it dry. Repeat this procedure on all the four sides.
Brush out the excess. It will give a sheen to your project and also a velvety touch.
Then I applied the gold wax from cadence with my fingers on all four sides to give it a metallic and shiny look.
After that I used blue gold Colour splash from itsy bitsy. I sprinkled it here and there and dabbed it with the brush on all the four sides.
It looked so beautiful.
Then I placed all the embellishments and played with the flowers and leaves until I got the desired look. This is the most time consuming thing.
Then finally I made some marks here and there using a stamp with black archival ink. This gives a more defined look to your project.
Then I used spray glitter from dadarkar arts all over the surface.
Then I added the deco stones from immix here and there on three sides.

And that's it. It's done!
Here are some more pictures -





Thanks for stopping on my blog. 
I am entering this project for the following challenges -



3 comments:

  1. Well done Priyanka! You say it's yoursecond attempt at mixed media, doesn't seem like. It has turned out so well. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much shweta. Your words are really encouraging.

      Delete
  2. Hi. It is a very beautiful and elegant piece of work! Keep it up. Thanks for entering our challenge. All the best!

    Cheers
    Priyanka Srivastava (Mixed Media Academy)

    ReplyDelete