Saturday, July 4, 2020

Born to be me- mixed media layout

Hello everyone!

Presenting you all my mixed media layout...'Born to be me'
I wanted for so long to do these kind of layouts but never had the courage to try it... But finally These challenges have inspired me to create something beautiful. This layout is inspired by jaishree bansal, the influencer on prika team  and her easy to follow tutorials instill courage in me to go ahead and try my hands on mixed media...


One more thing that inspired me to choose the colors in the moodboard from splashymix challenge. The soft pastels and the spring feeling that came to mind from seeing the moodboard where everything is blooming cudnt resist me to use one of my pictures where I am the most happy to be myself (on cruise in the fjords of Norway). Nothing can be compared to that feeling... Hence the sentiment"BORN TO BE ME". I tried to do something different...I hope you guys like it... Please share your views... Would love to hear from you guys...馃槉☺️

NOW LET'S TAKE YOU THROGH THE PROCESS-
I first took a chipboard piece that measures 12x12 inches and painted it with white gesso. Then I applied white acryilic paint to give it more whiteness. Then I mixed same texture paste with green acrylic paint and created the brick texture through a stencil.
Then I let it dry and used pink flamingo pearl pigment powder and sprinkled it here and there. Them I Misted it with water and let the paint go into places and dabbed with tissue until I was satisfied. I also let it flow to the bottom of the chipboard.
Then I painted my chipboard window piece with black gesso and then sponge daubed it with green and brown acrylic paint.
Then I pasted my picture on the back of the window element and pasted it in the middle of my composition and layered with different elements like flowers and chipboard foliage, buds, butterfly, pollens etc. until it was to my satisfaction.
Then I topped the composition with art stones and sequins and then added the sentiment.
At last I used green leaf archival ink and a leaf stamp and made some pattern on the bottom and the border of the chipboard.
I am done!
Here are some close pictures-






I am entering this project in the following challenge-





#mixedmediaartist   #mixedmediaartwork #mixedmediawork #artistoninstagram #artlover #artandcrafts #pastelstyle #shabbycrafts #craftwork #handmade #handmadewithlove #loveforhandmade

9 comments:

  1. Lovely project :) Karola Prika DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project.. Thanks for joining us at Prika challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so different in itself the way u have added picture behind a window just looks amazing, thank u once again for participating in our blog challenge. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, thank you for joining us at Splashymix challenge
    DT Jinal Savla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout,
    Thank you for joining us on Splashymix challenge!
    DT Zvia Bachar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout. Thank you for joining us at Splashymix Challenge.
    DT Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely project....thanks for joining us at Splashymix challenge.
    DT Chaitali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work ,
    Thank you for joining us Splashymix challenge
    Dt YuliyaDinets

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely.. Thank you so much for your entry at Splashymix Challenges
    DT Archana Sehgal
    Archu's Art World

    ReplyDelete